Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Friday, July 27

Comic-con, Day 1

It's so nice being back in San Diego after two years. Gorgeous weather, gorgeous environment, beautiful accommodations, it's just too bad this visit is only a week.

Fanny loves it here too. It's got me to thinking... possibly... after Jeannie moves here when she finishes primary school... it might finally be time to leave Hong Kong...!!!????

Wouldn't be to bad, as long as I could find work. Fanny and I could get married and settle down... who knows?

Comic-con is pretty fun, though I'm nowhere near a comic book geek.

Plenty of cuties in costumes, and lots of things to look at and play with.

Although I'm not a comic book fan, I unfortunately ran into a few money-draining things...

First, I love the PowerPuff Girls. One of the artists who draws the PPG comics had a booth, and I bought one of his boards, and the comic that went with it. Then, out of sheer coincidence, I ran into the creator of the series! So the comic got signed by the artist and the creator, and I have the original artwork for one of the pages as well.

Second... I gasped aloud when I saw some Clive Barker Abarat prints for sale. This was my big splurge, and now I've got a gorgeous signed piece of artwork from one of my favorite people on the planet to put up on the middle of my living room wall. I'll post a photo when it's up.

Fanny joins me at the fair tomorrow, and Jeannie's not invitied. Her head would explode when she saw all the things she could play with, and we'd spend at least an hour per booth, as she'd have to study and play with every single item she saw.

Now of course, I'm not attending the convention for fun or for buying things... I'm supposed to get some business! That's going pretty well so far. Still got a lot of work to do, but I've got a good feeling we'll get some solid orders.

Until then, I'll enjoy the sun and the environment of the most beautiful city in America. We visit the world famous San Diego Zoo on Saturday and Sea World on Sunday, then we have two days in Disneyland before we fly back on Tuesday night.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home