Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Thursday, July 19

Know anyone who is *NOT* interested in sex?

They may be a "Cerebral Narcissist".

When browsing the victims of NPD support group site, I frequently came across the terms "somatic narcissist" and "cerebral narcissist". I found something interesting:

From

Narcissists, Sex and Fidelity - The Somatic and the Cerebral Narcissist

by Dr. Sam Vaknin, the most outspoken expert on NPD:

"This kind of narcissist is afraid of encounters with the opposite sex and is even more afraid of emotional involvement or commitment that he fancies himself prone to develop following a sexual encounter. In general, such a narcissist withdraws not only sexually – but also emotionally..."

And continues...

"He becomes completely immersed in "big projects", lifelong plans, a vision, or a cause – all very rewarding narcissistically and all very demanding and time consuming..."

"The cerebral narcissist does not enjoy sex and by far prefers masturbation or 'objective', emotionless sex, like going to prostitutes..."

"Thus frustrated, the narcissist minimises all manner of intercourse with his close circle (spouse, children, parents, siblings, very intimate friends): sexual, verbal, or emotional. He limits himself to the rawest exchanges of information and isolates himself socially..."

"His reclusion insures against a future hurt and avoids the intimacy that he so dreads..."

"Sex, he says to himself, contentedly, is for those who can do no better..."

Wow... this sounds eerily familiar.

Knowing how uncontrollably attached I was to Medeleine dispite her abusiveness, I understand how someone can love a narcissist without good reason to do so.

Perhaps I'm not alone in my NPD victimhood.

It would explain a lot.

Oh, and Dr. Vaknin also links NPD and Pedophilia. I'd still like to see the contents of the "weird guy's"* hard drive.

* That's everbody who's ever known him's description of him. One person even said he was the "weirdest person they'd ever met in their life".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home