Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Sunday, March 11

Lighting, Exposure, FILM!

My latest gadget. A camera that was introduced the year I was born. With a lens that is reputed to be one of the best ever made, by anyone... Zeiss... Leica...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Pentax Spotmatic II SLR Camera with built-in metering and on-camera hotshoe, together with the legendary SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 lens.



What a camera.

My friend Daniel wants to start shooting Black and White on film, and this is the perfect camera with which to perfect my technique. I told him we should start a Sunday photography club. Maybe we'll get it off the ground. If anyone's interested, send me an email!

I haven't shot any film with this camera yet, but when I do I'll post something here.

In addition to the SMC Takumar 50/1.4, I've got a S-M-C Takumar 55/1.8 (which is pretty much redundant by the far superior 1.4), as well as the two Zeiss lenses mentioned in a prior blog entry, and a very decent Aetna Rokunar 28mm/2.8 MC. I've got two other throw-away lenses back in California, for a total of 7 lenses I can use with this camera! Plus I've got a pretty good flash unit (Sunpak Auto 144) to complete the kit.

I've also got B&W filters and even infrared filters... so I can't wait to give it all a real effort.

Here's a shot of the camera and lenses...



Now the best thing of course about these lenses is that not only can I use them with my Spotmatic, I can also use them with my Sony DSLR, with amazing results!

Life is good. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home