Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Friday, February 9

Addiction!!!!

Whatever you do, if you're the type of person who gets addicted to their latest interest, as I do, don't get an eBay account.

In the space of two weeks, I've spent way more than I thought possible, on gifts for my girlfriend, and on camera supplies.

The thought of getting a great bargain on something wonderful is just too tempting. I don't want to log off! I want to scour all the international eBay sites to find that elusive Takumar lens or the Miss Sixty miniskirt, the Fuji camera to replace my one that broke, so I can still take underwater photos...

Then you get sidetracked. Looking for a Carl Zeiss lens, I found a site with old enamel collector's pins, and was seriously tempted... fortunately, my common sense beat back that temptation.

Looking for miniskirts I found some men's swimwear... and anyone who knows me well would know how I responded to that.

The folks on my camera forum (http://www.dyxum.com) have been talking about the great old lenses you can get for a manual focus mount that can be used on modern cameras, with amazing results. That was the final push for me to get an eBay account. Two weeks later, I've bought five lenses, along with a camera built in the 1960's and accessories.

I've bought skirts for my girlfriend, and have been looking for things like Marc Jacobs boots and other stuff.

I bought two (fake) Paul Smith wallets, one with great quality, and one with crap quality. I'm trying to return the crappy one for a refund.

Now top on my eBay search list is the "legendary" Minolta "Beercan" lens (70-210mm, f4.0), hoping to get it for around US$100. And still looking for a particular Miss Sixty skirt. And I can't stop logging in, checking, checking again, seeing something I wasn't looking for, remembering something else I want, bidding, watching, bidding again, and (most exciting at all) last second rush bidding for something I really want, right before it closes, hoping to get a great price.

So please, I beg you... if you like bargain shopping and find yourself easily addicted to new things, don't go to http://www.ebay.comor http://www.ebay.com.hk and set up an account. Don't click the links above. Resist.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home