Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Monday, November 13

Did I Say That I Loathed You?

Sonically speaking, after a near overdose on Placebo (that sounds hilarious!) I have been delving back into some cool tunes by Irish songster Damien Rice, and discovering the lovely voice of his co-vocalist Lisa Hannigan. She's the undercredited voice we hear throughout Damien's work, and when you hear her bossa nova in full force, you'll realize just how cool she is.

It all started with some b-sides and live recordings I downloaded. I ended up discovering the soundtrack to the Irish Lesbian Film I Most Want To See "Goldfish Memory". Filled with cool bossa nova throughout, Lisa and Damien appear thrice on the soundtrack, accompanied by cellist (I think) Vivenne Long, with brilliant covers of the legendary Antonio Carlos Jobim's "Desafinado", "Once I Loved", and "Waters of March".

Now I'm back into a bossa nova beat, which never fails to inject new optimism and an induced contentment into my sappy simple soul.

Then I read a great
blog entry about Lisa that just blew me away.
Very cool.

Here's a snippet of Lisa and Damien's magic:

Beautiful

That song is "Unplayed Piano" which was dedicated to Aung San Suu Kyi. Lisa and Damien's touching tribute to such a great human rights figure only adds to their coolness.

Truly inspiring.

By the way, for other fans of Damien, especially as it relates to the film vehicle that launched his career, here's a cool site...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home