Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Monday, March 5

Concert musings...

What a fantastic show! Everything was great. My good friend Daniel and I arrived early enough and didn't miss a single thing. I stuffed my face with two Carlsbergs as we waited in line, so that I could get that "perfect concert buzz", and I bought one of each item at the concession stand (except the black t-shirt which was only available in small size by the time I got there).

When it started, I began the process of sqeezing toward the front, knowing I'd be separated from the more reserved Daniel. That's okay... I just wanted the MUSIC.

And it came.

Now I'm kind of a veteran of concerts, as I not only used to live in LA, being a music fan, but I also managed to work as an intern at a record label for about half a year. I paid for my share of shows, and got into more for free. I even managed to meet a few bands, notably Phish, the Inspiral Carpets, New Fast Automatic Daffodils and The Tragically Hip. Those were indeed some of the best days of my life.

So this concert by the band with so many accolades for live performance didn't quite live up to my "hopes and expectations"... or maybe I'm just getting older.

Still the show was brilliant.

And I scored bigtime from the staff at the sound/lighting boards. Here's the official setlist, a little worse for wear due to an infuriating accident at McDonalds:


Muse, Hong Kong, 3 March 2007, Official Setlist

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading your blog. there is someone out there reading it!

12:26 pm  
Blogger tonton said...

Thanks for your support... it's much appreciated.

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home