Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Monday, September 4

Work... Luck... Karma... ???

Sometimes I just get lucky. Yeah, sometimes I get unlucky too, especially in love, but it seems I get lucky in work a lot.

Was looking for a job and then I found a job (and heaven knows I'm NOT miserable now!), then another job, even better, found me!

Here's what happened... Asking around, and interviewing, I found a pretty good job as a teacher (what I thought I would have to settle on doing) and had just agreed to sign a contract that could easily pay my rent, when an ex-boss at a company I really liked working for, at a position with perhaps the best CAREER prospect, called me out of the blue, after 6 years, and asked me to return.

It's not often you get a second chance. What a rush.

So now, I'm here, sitting in the same place I was sitting six and seven years ago, earning 25% more, and approaching life with more maturity and capability than ever. This time I hope it lasts. Lord knows I'm going to do my best to make sure it does. I need this. Not just the income, but the satisfaction, and the hope for the future, and the respect I hope I can earn from others who might have doubted me in the past (because they honestly didn't know me).

To all those who struggle with life as I do... just be nice to people and sometimes they'll remember you, and sometimes that'll happen when the timing couldn't be better. KARMA, people! Earn it. Be honest, open, considerate, and sincere. And give people respect, cherish friendship and love, forgive and forget conflict, because what goes around comes around.

When you treat someone unfairly, you can only expect to be treated the same. When you treat someone with kindness, the people who are important in life will treat you with kindness, and the others just don't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home