Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Tuesday, March 28

Who are our idols, and why?

Just having a conversation with a close friend... and got to thinking about who inspires me -- who my idols are. I came up with the following list:

Vivienne Westwood

Karen Mok

Anthony Wong Chau Sang
Leslie Cheung
Matt Pearce
Henry Lau
Roddy Shaw
Richard Branson

I'll add to the list now:

Jesus Christ

David Bowie
Brian Molko

I'll reserve a space for additions here:

Mavis Fan

Now what is it that links all these people together?

Risk. None of them were afraid of challenging social norms and traditional constructs. They are/were social risk takers.

There's something about social risk takers that inspires me to become a better man, not according to what society expects, but according to what I believe in.

Thank you to all of those who are willing to challenge society, not simply conform to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home