Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Thursday, March 23

Career Plan (Finally!!!)

It's official. I've decided to take a distance learning TEFL course, which I will sign up for immediately. The one I've chosen claims full accreditation, and I'm going to confirm that before I enrol, because it's actually a bit too cheap to be true.

Couldn't find any information on taught courses in HK. Not sure I can afford it, but if I can find something for less than about $8000, I'll definitely choose that over the online course.

UPDATE: I have just spent about HK$3000 on an online TEFL course at http://www.teflonline.com (Bridge-Linguatec) that includes both young learners' and business english add-ons. Hope somewhere in HK recognizes it.

Anyway, it's not a huge investment, so I just see this as a start, and perhaps a springboard to something better.

I've looked at the materials for the first module, and it's only 18 pages of information plus assignments. There are 13 modules altogether. Not too comprehensive, huh? Well, I guess you get what you pay for. The British Council's taught CELTYL certificate course in Hong Kong costs $25,000!!!!

I'll update my progress later.

-ton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home