Boy, Interrupted?

Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance, adventure, sex, philosophy, excitement! Come on in and check out the most exhibitionist guy around. I'm a straight guy with a queer eye, though I'm not rich or handsome enough to be considered a "metrosexual". Hope you find my musings entertaining, shocking, enlightening, touching, or even disgusting! Comments are well appreciated. tonton

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

I'm a 36 year-old kid, who's just in the process of finding myself and how to balance my needs with my responsibilities.

Thursday, March 23

ADD/ADHD or am I just fucked up?


I've been on Prozac for the last 6 months or so, and I've been steadily increasing my dosage, to where I'm currently taking 30mg daily. Unfortunately, I don't really see any effect at all.

At first it was okay. I wasn't feeling depressed, but I wasn't feeling particularly motivated either. Maybe it was the emotional trauma still lingering that had numbed me to the world, but I don't think so.

Then I fell in love with my current flame.

I felt fantastic. But I still wasn't that motivated to go out and work on finding a great paying job and pursue a career goal.

Now I've lost her, and I've felt as bad as ever.

I recently spoke to a new counselor, who seemed to click with exactly what had been going on in my life.

I'll keep his name anonymous, because he could probably be fired for this, but basically he told me that seven years ago, he was self-diagnosed with ADD. He said half a tab of self-prescribed Ritalin changed his life in half an hour, as if a fog had been immediately lifted from his mind. He has never gone back.

That's exactly how I feel, like there's not just a fog, but a steel barrier between my plans and my actions. I just can't motivate myself to do the things I know I need to do to get a grasp on all this.

So here I am. Ready to switch meds. I am praying, that after nearly 30 years of struggling that this will be the magic bullet that removes that barrier and allows me to become a productive person.

Wish me luck, and I'll report back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home